Target System Connectors
Hitachi ID Password Manager includes a rich set of built-in connectors for managing
authentication factors on a broad range of systems and applications.
Click here to see the list of included connectors
Password Synchronization Triggers
Transparent password synchronization can be triggered from native
password changes on any of the following systems:
- Windows 2000/2003/2008/2012 servers and Active Directory domains
(password filter DLL on servers and/or DCs).
- z/OS mainframes with RAC/F, ACF2 or TopSecret security
products (security exit in the LPAR with the security products).
- OS/400, iSeries servers.
- Unix servers (passwd program wrapper binary or PAM).
- Sun/Oracle and IBM LDAP servers (attribute change filter on the
Each of these triggers contacts the Password Manager server twice per password
change, over an encrypted TCP/IP socket (shared key handshake,
256-bit AES encryption):
- First connection: validate password quality, possibly reject the
user's choice of a new password and block the triggering password
change due to policy violation
- Second connection: initiate transparent password synchronization