Hitachi ID Password Manager has been deployed in very large organizations, including:
- One password reset system supporting 750,000 users and another
supporting more than 2,000,000 users (both Extranet-facing).
- Internal corporate deployments with up to 350,000 users.
- Users distributed over six continents (nobody in Antarctica).
- A single Password Manager instance, running on a single server, managing
passwords on over 3,200 stand-alone Unix systems.
This level of scalability is a result of many features:
- Built-in, real-time database replication between servers
- Explicit support for multi-master, load-balanced configurations
with cooperation between replica servers.
- Multi-threading operation of the UI components, service components
In addition, Password Manager incorporates many features that, while not
directly performance-related, are needed to operate in large,
- Compatibility with reverse web proxies, which can expose some or
all of the Password Manager UI to less-trusted network segments (e.g., DMZ).
- An application proxy server, which allows Password Manager to connect to
target systems across firewalls.
- Support for multiple languages (including Unicode) per running instance.
- Auto-discovery of users and groups on integrated systems and applications.