Hitachi ID Privileged Access Manager Business Case
In an organization with thousands of IT assets, it can be difficult to securely manage access to privileged accounts:
- There can be thousands of privileged passwords.
- Administrator passwords exist on each device and application.
- It is difficult to coordinate changes to shared passwords.
- When there are many shared, static passwords, former IT staff can retain sensitive access after leaving an organization.
- It can be difficult to trace changes back to individuals who made them.
Improving Security with Hitachi ID Privileged Access Manager
Privileged Access Manager helps organizations to secure privileged accounts:
- Eliminate static and shared passwords.
- Enforce strong authorization controls over who can access which administrative account and when.
- Personally authenticate IT staff before granting access to privileged accounts.
- Create an audit log of who accessed each privileged account and when.