Hitachi ID Privileged Access Manager Business Case
In an organization with thousands of IT assets, it can be difficult to securely manage access to privileged accounts:
- There are thousands of privileged passwords.
- Administrator passwords exist on each device and application.
- It is difficult to coordinate changes to shared passwords.
When there are many shared, static passwords, former IT staff retain sensitive access after leaving an organization. It can also be difficult to trace changes back to individuals who made them.
Improving Security with Hitachi ID Privileged Access Manager
Privileged Access Manager helps organizations to secure privileged accounts:
- Eliminate static and shared passwords.
- Enforce strong authorization controls over who can access which administrative account and when.
- Personally authenticate IT staff before granting access to privileged accounts.
- Create an audit log of who accessed each privileged account and when.