Identity administration may be accomplished using tools included with each system and application -- for example, the MMC snap-in for Users and Computers in Active Directory, commands such as "CREATE USER" on SQL databases and shell scripts such as /usr/sbin/adduser on Linux systems.
As the number of systems and applications where identities and entitlements must be managed grows, it makes sense to automate identity administration processes using an identity and access management (IAM) system.
Hitachi ID Identity Manager manages the lifecycles of identities, accounts, groups and entitlements. It includes:
- Automatically granting and revoking access, after detecting changes on systems of record.
- A web portal for access requests, profile updates and certification.
- Full lifecycle management for groups and roles on target systems.
- A workflow engine to invite people to approve requests, review access or complete tasks.
- Policy enforcement related to SoD, RBAC, risk scores, privacy protection and more.
- Reports, dashboards and analytics.
Hitachi ID Identity Manager includes connectors to manage users, groups and entitlements on over 120 kinds of systems and applications, on-premises and in the cloud.
These capabilities are accessed via a web portal, compatible with both full-screen browsers (PC, tablet) and smart-phones (via mobile app).