Hitachi ID Systems is offering a competitive upgrade to end user organizations that have a production instance of Oracle Waveset (also known as Sun Java Identity Manager, Sun Identity Manager or Waveset Lighthouse). This page includes the broad details of this competitive upgrade program.
Customers may have any version of the Oracle Waveset software to qualify for the competitive upgrade program. The software must be in production use. Hitachi ID Systems will furnish replacement software and licenses for the following two products, at their then-current versions, to replace the Oracle Waveset software:
- Hitachi ID Identity Manager
- Hitachi ID Password Manager
As a part of this program, Hitachi ID Systems will also offer free services, as follows:
- Business analysis
For corporations with over 5,000 employees, 5 days of the above services will be furnished at no charge.
For corporations with over 10,000 employees, 10 days of the above services will be furnished at no charge.
Qualifying organizations will be charged as follows:
|Software license||No cost|
|Annual software maintenance||List price|
|Initial services (discovery, business analysis) as above||No cost|
|Subsequent implementation services||Fixed price,
based on discovery
Eligibility and evidence
To be eligible, customers must provide evidence that they have a license for the Sun Identity Manager software and that it is in production. Evidence of the license may include:
- Copy of invoice, purchase order or license agreement; OR
- WebEx to Hitachi showing us their production system in use; OR
- Other forms of evidence negotiable
Evidence that the system is in production shall be via WebEx.
In addition to the above, there are certain restrictions regarding organization size and location. Please contact Hitachi ID Systems to verify whether your organization qualifies.
The competitive upgrade is available starting November 15, 2010 until March 31, 2011 (inclusive).
Features and integrations
- All Identity Manager features are included. Please refer to Hitachi-ID.com/identity-manager for details.
- All Password Manager features are included. Please refer to Hitachi-ID.com/password-manager for details.
- All Hitachi ID Identity and Access Management Suite connectors are included, with the sole exception of the native z/OS listener. Please refer to Hitachi-ID.com/identity-manager for details.
Intranet vs. extranet use
Which products are offered under this program depends on whether Oracle Waveset is deployed to support Intranet or Extranet users:
Hitachi ID Systems will offer assistance with migrating configuration data, user profiles and security questions from the old Oracle Waveset implementation to the new Hitachi ID Identity and Access Management Suite deployment. All migration tools available at the time will be provided at no cost.
For details about the program, please:
- Call 1.403.233.0740; or
- E-mail sun-swap@Hitachi-ID.com