QA Software Tester Internship (Job ID 990-29)
Work as part of an cross-disciplinary team, under the close supervision of experienced software testers, to test new product features and validate that code changes have not introduced regression. The software in question is a complex, cross-platform identity and access management system.
8, 12 or 16 month opportunities are available.
The successful candidate will:
- Perform exploratory black-box tests and identify defects.
- Review user interfaces for ease of use and navigability.
- Perform integration testing with third party hardware, software and services.
- Create test environments on VMs.
- Write detailed bug reports.
- Create use cases / test cases, execute and document results.
- Validate feature functionality and performance.
A successful candidate must have:
The internship is for students who have completed the third year in a Computer Science or Software Engineering program.
- Experience or knowledge of software testing and testing methodologies.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Experience in creating and executing test cases and test plans.
- Experience in building test environments and generating test data sets.
- Ability to work in Windows and Linux environments.
- Effective verbal and written communication in English.
- Comfortable working in a command-line interface (CLI) environment -- not just GUIs and web UIs.
Additional skills that would be considered an asset:
- Familiarity with popular hypervisors (VMWare, Xen, AWS, etc.).
- Scripting or programming knowledge, preferably Python experience.
- Experience in performing performance and stress tests.
- Familiarity with directories (AD, LDAP).
- Familiarity with web server configuration and operation (Apache, IIS).
- Familiarity with other scripting languages.
- Experience with relational databases, in particular Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with HP LoadRunner for automation.
- Experience with Git.
- Understanding of web services and networking.
- Experience in writing in LaTex.
Opportunity for full-time work, after the internship is complete and upon graduation.
Send a resume by e-mail to jobs@Hitachi-ID.com. Be sure to include both "Job ID 990-29" in the subject line. E-mails that do not include this will not be delivered to the appropriate person. For technical positions, the resume must be either ASCII text or in PDF format. For other positions, MS-Word is also acceptable.
Qualified applicants will be contacted within two weeks for a preliminary phone interview. Successful applicants will be invited to return for a second interview and a skills evaluation.