C++ Developer -- Connector Development (Job ID 998-101)
Develop and maintain connectors that integrate Hitachi ID Systems software with third party systems and applications including Active Directory and other LDAP directories; ERP applications from Oracle, SAP and others; SaaS applications such as Salesforce.com and Office 365 and many more.
The successful candidate will:
- Design, prototype and develop connector programs that enumerate and manipulate accounts, attributes, credentials and groups/roles/entitlements on a variety of systems and applications.
- Figure out how to "hack into" applications that do not expose a relevant API so as to provide the integration despite lack of vendor support.
- Install and maintain a variety of hardware and software systems with which integrations are to be developed and sustained.
- Build and support test automation to detect and resolve regressions in connector programs.
- Work closely with a multi-disciplinary team, including QA, implementation services and customer support.
- Collaborate with a team of expert developers using Git, Jenkins, a ticket system, release management processes, etc.
A successful candidate must have:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
- Ability to write complex code in a team using C and C++.
- Familiarity other programming languages, including Python, Java/J2EE, C#/.NET and more, as connectors often must leverage APIs only available in a particular language/runtime.
- Familiarity networks, web services and directories.
- Experience working in a heterogeneous environment and a passion for always learning about new kinds of systems and applications.
- Ability to work independently and work around technical barriers.
- Effective oral and written communication in English.
- A B.Sc. or M.Sc. is required, preferably in software engineering, computer science or a related discipline. Candidates with a Bachelor's degree in a different subject and later on-the-job or certificate based training will also be considered.
Additional skills that would be helpful:
- Good understanding of network and inter-process APIs on Windows, Linux and Unix.
- Experience integrating disparate systems, such as calling native C code from Java or vice-versa.
- Worked on large-scale development projects, in a team, with tight deadlines.
- Experience and interest in writing software that interfaces with heterogeneous systems and applications.
- Competitive pay.
- Extensive medical, dental and vision care plan paid by the employer.
- RRSP plan with matching employer contributions.
- Initially 3 weeks of paid annual vacation (4 weeks at 5 years, 5 weeks at 10, 6 weeks at 15).
- Great work environment - informal, social committee, centrally located offices.
- Challenging work with many learning opportunities.
- Opportunities for career development.
Hitachi ID is an equal opportunity employer.
Send a resume by e-mail to jobs@Hitachi-ID.com. Be sure to include both "Job ID 998-101" in the subject line. E-mails that do not include this will not be delivered to the appropriate person. For technical positions, the resume must be either ASCII text or in PDF format. For other positions, MS-Word is also acceptable.
Qualified applicants will be contacted and screened in a 15 minute preliminary telephone interview. This may be followed by a technical test (up to 4 hours) and in-person interview.