Cloud Application Analyst (Job ID 998-34)
Hitachi ID Systems is seeking application analysts with an enthusiastic interest in DevOps and cloud computing platforms. Analysts will deploy, configure and manage Hitachi ID SaaS applications and will have opportunities to drive architectural decisions.
Both junior and intermediate positions are open. The junior position calls for 1-2 years of full-time work experience and the intermediate position requires at least 5 years of experience.
This position is primarily to perform hands-on technical work, with a wide variety of systems in collaboration with customer stakeholders, partners and internal teams.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Operational support for existing on-premises and cloud-hosted deployments of Hitachi ID products, including backup/recovery, patching, monitoring, and troubleshooting at the OS, DB and app levels.
- Managing SaaS instances, including provisioning, maintenance, configuration, monitoring, etc...
- 24x7 on-call responsibilities for SaaS instances of the software.
- Work with other Hitachi ID architects and with customers to configure application instances, including integration with on-premises and cloud-hosted systems and applications and definition of business policies.
- Participating in ongoing initiatives to architect, deploy and manage a growing portfolio of cloud solutions and customer instances.
- Working closely with product engineering and professional services teams to provide critical feedback about product features and architecture.
A successful candidate must have:
- A broad range of technical skills, including ability to configure and manage most of the following: operating systems (Linux, Windows), databases (MSSQL, MySQL), web servers (Apache, IIS) and networks (IP, DNS, load balancers, VPNs).
- Familiarity with one or more IaaS platforms (AWS, Azure, etc.).
- Experience with revision control tools including git and continuous integration tools such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
- Clear, effective communication verbally and in writing, in English.
- The ability to read or maintain scripts in one or more languages such as Python or PowerShell. Scripts are used to drive configuration of VMs and related systems.
- Additional experience that is desirable, but not mandatory, includes:
- SaaS / IaaS operations in a growing, 24x7 production environment.
- Developing and implementing cloud security best practices, including an understanding of cloud security frameworks and certifications.
- Familiarity with on-premises virtualization platforms (Xen, VMWare, etc.).
- Work with AWS or Azure.
- Ability to write script code (not just read/maintain).
- Competitive pay.
- Extensive medical, dental and vision care plan paid by the employer.
- RRSP plan with matching employer contributions.
- Initially 3 weeks of paid annual vacation (4 weeks at 5 years, 5 weeks at 10, 6 weeks at 15).
- Great work environment - informal, social committee, centrally located offices.
- Challenging work with many learning opportunities.
- Opportunities for career development.
Hitachi ID is an equal opportunity employer.
Send a resume by e-mail to jobs@Hitachi-ID.com. Be sure to include both "Job ID 998-34" in the subject line. E-mails that do not include this will not be delivered to the appropriate person. For technical positions, the resume must be either ASCII text or in PDF format. For other positions, MS-Word is also acceptable.
Qualified applicants will be contacted and screened in a 15 minute preliminary telephone interview. This may be followed by a technical test (up to 4 hours) and in-person interview.