QA Junior Software Tester (Job ID 998-42)
Quality assurance tester is responsible for verifying that our product meets clients’ needs and specifications. Candidates will test product functionality, usability, performance and look for deficiencies and improvements.
The successful candidate will:
- Perform exploratory black-box tests on the products and find defects in the product.
- Review user interfaces for ease of use and navigability.
- Perform integration testing with third party hardware, software and services.
- Create test environments on VMs.
- Write detailed bug reports.
- Create use cases / test cases, execute and document results.
- Organize and prioritize assigned tasks.
- Validate feature functionality and performance.
A successful candidate must have:
- Experience or knowledge of software testing and testing methodologies.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Experience in creating and executing test cases and test plans.
- Experience in building test environments and generating test data sets.
- Ability to work in Windows and Linux environments.
- Familiarity with popular hypervisors (VMWare, Xen, AWS, etc.).
- Effective verbal and written communication in English.
- Comfortable working in a command-line interface (CLI) environment -- not just GUIs and web UIs.
- A B.Sc. or M.Sc. is required, preferably in software engineering, computer science or a related discipline. Candidates with a Bachelor's degree in a different subject and later on-the-job or certificate based training will also be considered.
Additional skills that would be considered an asset:
- Scripting or programming knowledge, preferably Python experience.
- Experience in performing performance and stress tests.
- Familiarity with directories (AD, LDAP).
- Familiarity with web server configuration and operation (Apache, IIS).
- Familiarity with other scripting languages.
- Experience with relational databases, in particular Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with HP LoadRunner for automation.
- Experience with Git.
- Understanding of web services and networking.
- Experience in writing in LaTex.
- Competitive pay.
- Extensive medical, dental and vision care plan paid by the employer.
- RRSP plan with matching employer contributions.
- Initially 3 weeks of paid annual vacation (4 weeks at 5 years, 5 weeks at 10, 6 weeks at 15).
- Great work environment - informal, social committee, centrally located offices.
- Challenging work with many learning opportunities.
- Opportunities for career development.
Hitachi ID Systems is an equal opportunity employer.
Send a resume by e-mail to jobs@Hitachi-ID.com. Be sure to include both "Job ID 998-42" in the subject line. E-mails that do not include this will not be delivered to the appropriate person. For technical positions, the resume must be either ASCII text or in PDF format. For other positions, MS-Word is also acceptable.
Qualified applicants will be contacted and screened in a 15 minute preliminary telephone interview. This may be followed by a technical test (up to 4 hours) and in-person interview.