Manager, Legal and Compliance (Job ID 999-79)
Hitachi ID Systems is searching for a motivated individual to join our growing legal team in our Calgary HQ. Reporting to the Director, Legal Affairs, the Manager, Legal and Compliance will be responsible for:
- Supporting the needs of the business by responding to inquiries from business stakeholders, identifying legal issues and providing the appropriate guidance and tools.
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of legal agreements, including software licensing, technology partnership agreements, software reseller agreements, professional services agreements, and other corporate agreements.
- Reviewing and analyzing external legal documents, and providing advice and guidance to business stakeholders.
- Developing and presenting education materials on legal matters relevant to the business, for the professional development of others in the organization.
- Working with cross-functional teams and providing legal input on business development opportunities.
- JD, LL.B., or a related and equivalent foreign law degree
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically
- Some travel, domestic and international, may be required
Preferred background, skills and qualifications:
- Proactive, and positive approach to solving problems, anticipating issues and developing solutions
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a commitment to professionalism and collegiality
- Organized, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Curiosity for new technologies, and for legal developments related to technology
- Competitive pay.
- Extensive medical, dental and vision care plan paid by the employer.
- RRSP plan with matching employer contributions.
- Initially 3 weeks of paid annual vacation (4 weeks at 5 years, 5 weeks at 10, 6 weeks at 15).
- Great work environment - informal, social committee, centrally located offices.
- Challenging work with many learning opportunities.
- Opportunities for career development.
Hitachi ID Systems is an equal opportunity employer.
Send a resume by e-mail to jobs@Hitachi-ID.com. Be sure to include both "Job ID 999-79" in the subject line. E-mails that do not include this will not be delivered to the appropriate person. For technical positions, the resume must be either ASCII text or in PDF format. For other positions, MS-Word is also acceptable.
Qualified applicants will be contacted within two weeks for a preliminary phone interview.