What is Hitachi ID Password Manager?
Password Manager is an integrated solution for managing credentials across systems and applications. It simplifies the management of passwords, tokens, smart cards, security questions and biometrics. Password Manager lowers IT support cost and improves the security of login processes.
Password Manager includes password synchronization, self-service password and PIN reset, strong authentication, federated access, enrollment of security questions and biometrics and self-service unlock of encrypted drives.
Password Manager reduces the cost of password management using:
- Password synchronization, which reduces the incidence of password problems for users
- Self-service password reset, which empowers users to resolve their own problems rather than calling the help desk
- Streamlined help desk password reset, to expedite resolution of password problem calls
Password Manager strengthens security by providing:
- A powerful password policy engine.
- Effective user authentication, especially prior to password resets.
- Password synchronization, to help eliminate written-down passwords.
- Delegated password reset privileges for help desk staff.
- Accountability for all password changes.
- Encryption of all transmitted passwords.
To find out more about Password Manager, visit https://Hitachi-ID.com/password-manager/.