This document describes privileged access management using Hitachi ID Privileged Access Manager. It links business problems to technology and describes the benefits of robust, enterprise-scale control over elevated privileges.
The remainder of this document covers:
- Types of privileged accounts:
Differentiating between administrator, service and embedded accounts, all three of which must be secured, each using its own mechanism.
- Security vulnerabilities arising from improper access management:
Building a business case for automation to secure access to privileged accounts.
- Regulatory requirements:
Linking privileged access security to regulatory requirements.
- Technical challenges to effective access controls:
Identifying the key technical barriers to deploying and scaling up an enterprise-wide privileged access management system.
- Secure, effective privileged access management:
Functional capabilities of Privileged Access Manager.
- Scalability and reliability:
Architectural elements in Privileged Access Manager that allow it to be scaled up.
- Auditing, reports, analytics and regulatory compliance:
Logging and analytics included in Privileged Access Manager to meet audit, forensic, diagnostic and regulatory requirements.