The remainder of this paper is organized as follows:
- Password reset as a recurrent support call
Background describing why password resets are a significant cost problem for large ISPs.
- The Hitachi ID Password Manager password management system
A general description of the Password Manager password management system.
- Using Password Manager to reduce ISP call volume
A specific description of how Password Manager is relevant to customer support in a large ISP.
- Deployment challenges and design choices
Specific design and deployment problems raised in an ISP environment, with many users, large support volume, and little or no opportunity for user training.
- Architecture, scalability and integration
A network architecture to leverage Password Manager for password management in an ISP environment.
- Projected ROI
A cost recovery model for effective password management in an ISP environment.
Summary of the above discussion, and a call to action: deploy password management quickly in order to recoup maximum value.