Data flow in the auto-provisioning process
- HR creates new employees in the HR system.
- HiIM detects the changes and requests network and application access.
- Managers approve requests and new accounts are created.
- Leverage HR input to automatically create and delete logical access.
- Manager approval can be used if HR is not totally authoritative.
Data flow in the scheduled deactivation process
- A termination date is scheduled for a contractor.
- HiIM reminds the manager that the date can be changed before it passes.
- Access is automatically disabled on the termination date.
- Accounts are deleted at a later date.
- Lifecycle events, such as hires and terminations, can be scheduled.
- Sequences of events, such as advance warnings before the termination date and actual deletion at a later date, are also automated.