When user access to systems and applications is managed manually, errors and inconsistencies are inevitable. Administrators may not be aware of pre-existing security entitlements or of all of an organization's policies.
The result is users with:
- Too many entitlements.
- Mutually exclusive rights, violating segregation of duties policies.
- Orphan and dormant accounts, which are no longer required.
Each of these problems may lead to a security compromise.
Hitachi ID Identity Manager Solution
- Identity Manager can find and remove orphan and dormant accounts.
- Identity Manager can test all access requests against segregation of duties policies, to prevent new violations. It can also identify users with pre-existing violations.
- Access certification is used to invite business stake-holders to decide whether user access rights remain business-appropriate.
- Risk scores are used to identify users whose access rights merit a closer inspection.
Identity Manager helps organizations to find and remediate access rights that violate policy.