Hitachi ID Bravura Pass allows users to reset a forgotten PIN on their smart card:
- Users must access Bravura Pass from their PC, as this is the only
device with a card reader.
- Organizations may choose from a variety of technologies to enable
access from the login screen. The most popular is the Hitachi ID Login Assistant
client, which adds a tile to the Windows login screen via the
Credential Provider (CP) OS infrastructure.
- Bravura Pass supports off-site users by establishing a temporary
VPN connection using its own credentials.
- Using the Bravura Pass web portal, users can authenticate themselves
with any combination of credentials, obviously excluding their
non-functional smart card.
- Once authenticated, Bravura Pass uses an ActiveX control to communicate with the card reader, to unblock the smart card.
Watch a Movie
Self-service reset for a forgotten or locked out smart card PIN
- User forgets the PIN to his smart card.
- User presses a “help” button to access self-service.
- A kiosk-mode web browser is launched.
- User enters his network login ID.
- User answers security questions.
- User chooses a new PIN for his smart card.
- ActiveX runs on the user's PC, unblocks the card and injects the new PIN.
- User signs into Windows with the smart card and new PIN.
- Access to self-service password reset from a locked out PC.
- PIN reset is available on-site and also while mobile (via temporary VPN).
- ActiveX is used to communicate with the smart card reader, unblock the card and set the new PIN.