The term identity management solution often simply refers to an identity and access management system. More generally, it should be thought of as the combination of:
- One or more, installed, configured and operational, IAM products; and
- A set of business processes, some of which may have been automated using the aforementioned IAM products, that drive changes to identities and entitlements; and
- One more more directories, systems or applications where those identities and entitlements are being managed.
Hitachi ID Systems offers a suite of identity and access management products, which consists of the following three components -- that may be purchased and deployed together or in tandem:
- Hitachi ID Identity Manager -- User provisioning, RBAC, SoD and access certification
- Hitachi ID Password Manager -- Self service management of passwords, PINs and encryption keys
- Hitachi ID Privileged Access Manager -- Secure administrator and service accounts